This is a list of historic characters in the original Source. They are all fictional characters who lived prior to the beginning of the story.
- All Eyes
- The creature at the bottom of the pit where Lyra retrieves the Transmutation Gel sample. It suggests she refer to it as "All Eyes". It is seen by Lozenge only through flashbacks.
- Commander Hurricane
- Commander Hurricane was an ancient pegasus ruler. Lozenge discovers his tomb, which contains the artifact "Grandfather's Pinion".
First & Second EraEdit
The following are characters who had a considerable impact on affairs and lived during the First and Second Era. For a complete list of minor characters from these Eras, please check the List of Background Characters.
- Twilight Sparkle
- Twilight Sparkle was an Alicorn princess and bore the Element of Magic. She served as the director of the Department of Augury.
- Applejack was a former farm mare and Director of the Department of Agriculture. She bore the Element of Honesty.
- Fluttershy was the Director of the Department of Butterflies and bore the Element of Kindness.
- Rainbow Dash
- Rainbow Dash bore the Element of Loyalty and served General Fleetfoot as an attache and clandestine head of the Clear Sky Corps's Special Weapons Division.
- Comet Tail
- Comet Tail headed the Research and Development efforts in the Department of Augury, and obsessed over the discovery of new spells.
- Lyra Heartstrings
- Lyra was the head of Research and Development in FlimFlamCo.'s Consumer Products division.
- Babs Seed
- Babs Seed was an employee of Generosity, Inc. and the inventor of the Generosity terminal. She was credited as one of the preeminent geniuses of her age.
The following characters are mentioned in the few surviving records from the Third Era.
- Pediment was an architect and apprentice of Saint Apple Bloom. Their romantic involvement is implied.
These characters lived in recent history, some time between the Third Fall and the onset of Lozenge's story. They are either dead or otherwise do not directly appear.